I've done some experiments
to probe the mysteries of carbon and other stuff.
Huang Lab, Northwestern University
I joined the Huang Group in Oct. 2014 as a graduate research scholar. My current work focuses on graphene, a sheet-like carbon material that is one nanometer thick, and its potential applications.
- Cui, C.; Lim, A. T. O.; and Huang, J. A cautionary note on graphene anti-corrosion coatings. (2017). Nat. Nanotechnol. 12, 834-835.
- Lim, A.; and Huang, J. Fluorescence quenching microscopy: imaging two-dimensional materials. (2015). Material Matters 10, 64-66.
Kappes Lab, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
I worked in the Kappes Group from 2013-2014 as a Fulbright scholarship recipient. Here, I learned how to automate the separation of carbon nanotubes based on their size.
Bowen Lab, Johns Hopkins University
As an undergraduate research assistant in the Bowen Group from 2012-2013, I helped construct and design high vacuum apparatus for studying groups of similar chemicals, or clusters, in the gas phase. Specifically, their energy levels were measured with photoelectron spectroscopy.
- Tang, X.; Bumueller, D.; Lim, A.; Schneider, J.; Heiz, U.; Gantefoer, G.; Fairbrother, D.H.; and Bowen, K.H. Catalytic dehydration of 2-propanol by size-selected (WO3)n and (MoO3)n in metal oxide clusters. (2014). Phys. Chem. C 118, 29278-29286.
- Zhang, X.; Wang, H.; Collins, E.; Lim, A.; Gantefoer, G.; Kiran, B.; Schnoeckel, H.; Eichhorn, B.; and Bowen, K.H. (2013). Photoelectron spectroscopy of the aluminum hydride anions: AlH3–, Al2H6–, Al3H9–, Al4H12– and AlH2–. Chem. Phys. 138, 124303-124311.
- Zhang, X.; Wang, Y.; Wang, H.; Lim, A.; Gantefoer, G.; Bowen, K.H.; Reveles, J.; and Khanna, S. H. (2013). On the existence of designer magnetic superatoms. Am. Chem. Soc. 135(12), 4856-4861.
- Tang, X.; Li, X.; Wang, Y.; Wespanick, K.; Lim, A.; Mangler, T.; Noessner, S.; Wolke, C.; Grossmann, M; Koop, A.; Gantefoer, G.; Fairbrother, D.H.; Bowen, K.H.; Kiran, B.; and Kandalam, A.K. Size-selected clusters on surfaces. (2013). Phys.: Conf. Ser. 438, 210.